Welcome to the ISTRO website
On this site you will find information about the International Soil Tillage Research Organisation (ISTRO), which focusses on the impact and consequences of various soil tillage (including no-till) practices and from field traffic. More information about the organisation itself can be found on the organisation page.
- Published: 01 April 2022 01 April 2022
March 30st 2021 - The latest version of ISTRO info, the March 2022 issue, is available for download. In this issue:
- Lars J. Munkholm says goodbye as Assistant Secretary General
- ISTRO2022 General Assembly
- Controlled Traffic Farming WG – new leadership and initiatives
- Virtual workshop – ISTRO Working group B Subsoil Compaction (SSC)
- Update on Soil and Tillage Research
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- New Books
In the March 2022 issue of ISTRO info, Lars J. Munkholm annouces his leave as Assistant Secretary General of the ISTRO organisation.
He says: "After 6 years as Assistant Secretary General, it is time to circulate our last ISTRO INFO. José Dörner will take over the job after the General Assembly in May. I have been very fortunate to have been assisted by PhD students Peter Bilson Obour, Loraine ten Damme and now Alvaro Calleja Huerta during the 6 years. We have done our best to keep you updated on ISTRO affairs, news regarding “our” journal – Soil and Tillage Research, personalia and on meetings and books of relevance to the ISTRO community." - more from Lars in the newsletter.
- Published: 26 March 2022 26 March 2022
The Organising Committee of the Czech branch of ISTRO (ISTRO CZ), the Croatian Soil Tillage Research Organisation (CROSTRO), and the Hungarian branch of ISTRO (HUISTRO) is organising the 2nd Central European ISTRO Conference (CESTRO), and is inviting all interested parties to the International Scientific Conference that will take place in Brno, Czech Republic, September, 6 – 8, 2022.
The primary objective of the conference is the promotion, development and growth of interest and knowledge about soil-crop management, exchange of ideas about trends and challenges in modern agriculture. This conference, created for both the scientific community as well as experts coming from praxis, will cope with the main goals of ISTRO. The conference represents a unique opportunity for learning and exchanging opinions on different topics, which could be helpful in harmonising soil and plant health in agroecosystems all over the world.
- Registration for this event will be open from April 1st 2022.
- The information leaflet can be downloaded HERE (pdf, 785kb).
- Further information will be available from this website.
- Published: 15 December 2021 15 December 2021
December 15th 2021 - The latest version of ISTRO info, the December 2021 issue, is available for download. In this issue:
- ISTRO 2022 conference update - abstract submission extended
- Thomas Keller new Editor-in-Chief of Soil and Tillage Research
- Orbituary Anthony Roger (Tony) Dexter
- 2nd ISTRO Working Group – Conservation Soil Tillage Workshop
- Next WG-CST meeting
- Vacant PhD position on soil compaction at Aarhus University
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- New books
The December 2021 issue of ISTRO info contains important information about the ISTRO2022 conference: abstract submission for the 22nd ISTRO international Conference (now ISTRO2022) is still open with an extended submission deadline on 17th December 2021.
The deadline has been extended due to the limited number of abstracts received so far. This is likely due to the uncertainties due to the COVID19 situation etc. The appearance of the Omicron variant has not made it better. More than 100 submitted abstracts are needed to make a physical conference viable. Otherwise, the physical conference will have to be cancelled and some alternative put in place.
Go to www.istro2021.com for abstract submission details. Acceptance notifications will be issued in late January. (Image: ISTRO conference website frontpage.)